Old 08-26-2010, 07:32 PM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I have that machine. When I saw your dilemma I looked all through my book and went online. The book does not mention oiling at all and online it says "do not oil the bobbin case or put any oil in any holes". They didn't say anything about taking it apart and oiling the needle bar. Good call, girl! Saved yourself some money! I'll remember this if mine freezes up!
I have been putting 1 drop of oil in the bobbin ?race? everytime I change the bobbin. I am not getting lint buildup so I expect it is oil soaked somewhere in the machine. Tom will get it out when he cleans it, someday or when I have trouble, which ever comes first. Once I paid Walmart $129. for it I figured it is mine and if I want to play the most it will cost me is $129. They are easy to break apart. Just have to take all the screws out and pop the two sides apart. Can't pull the motor end sides to far away from each other because the inside wires run from one side to the other. I haven't put oil on any of the plastic. I think I am not supposed to do that. :lol:
You're funny! I paid $199 for mine a month ago. The price has gone up. :roll: