View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Elizabeth A.

Prettykitty, great job. Your quilt looks so soft and cuddly, I'm glad you had such a good time working on this quilt it turned out great, and of course your camera crew (the kitties at the bottom of one of your photos) must have offered lots of love and support through your work.

The satin border is a nice touch as it harkens back to satin boarders without being in a place of constant wear.

Here is something you might like to try when basting. Spray Adhesive. You roll up the back like a worm, and then you roll up the top, set the both aside and lay out the batting completely flat if it's not a square note the direction so it rolls out the correct way. Starting with the back first unroll it, beginning with one side gently unrolling and pressing the backing to the batting. Then flip it over and repeat with the top. It creates a well basted quilt to work with and no pins.

The adhesive comes a couple of different ways and most will wash out when you first wash the quilt, and I've tried about all of them, currently I'm buying Krylon 7010 for about $5.00 a can which will do several quilts (7020 is the same price but is supposed to be repositionible for a longer amount of time) (so far I've done one queen, one twin, a wallhanging, and 3 perinatal quilts and still have plenty in the can). It's a bit smelly when you first spray it but that's why windows open. :D