View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Elizabeth A.

Oh yes when I was in college for Graphic design 3M Super 77 spray mount was one of the greatest tips. Just make sure the kind you find to baste a quilt says either on the front or on the back "fabric" The can I'm looking at right now has the following list:

Substrates: Use for layouts. paper, paper crafts, scrapbook pages, cardboard, fabric, balsa wood, felt, photos, decoupage, wrapping paper, and tissue paper.

It also says "creates a smooth flexible, non-wrinkling bond" that last part being the key to having it nicely basted.

You'd have to check the spray mount for usablity on fabric, but it might be workable, in my experience I used to need lots and lots of it (for stablizing) so I would look for the most in a can for the least money and then see if the can in my hand had what I needed. Be sure to check every can they look a lot alike! I buy my at the local craft store as they have more choices and seem to be less money for the exact same thing as the local quilt store.

Don't forget spray the batting, that way you don't get wrinkles and puckers (don't spray the back or the top). :D Always glad to pass on any hints and tips.