View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by monetgardening
These are all so gorgeous. I seriously like the idea of sending a quilt to anyone in the services. I'm thinking how nice it would be to send a quilt of this type to a service person away from home. Maybe we could all contribute a square that we make and sign with where we are from also and someone could sew it together and send it? I would definitely be willing to contribute to the cost.
That's an even better idea, making a signature square and putting them all together in quilts. we could really make quite a few and get several quilts done that way. I love your idea, I would also be willing to contribute to the cost. Our service personnel are putting their lives on the line for us, and we could at least give them something from home for showing our love, loyalty and encouragement. If we can get this started, we need to find a location to send squares to and make sure we know what size we want to use, etc. Let's put some thought into this and get a few more ideas, for quilt size etc. They would need to have something light weight, to carry around when they are moving from place to place, but I would love to do something for the brave young people. I pray for them and their loved ones left behind all the time. I have donated to care packages that were being set out for them in our local community. I also feel helpless in not doing anything for them when they are doing so much for me and everyone else.This would make me feel so good, just knowing I may give any of them a daily 'hug' lift so to speak, with something from home.