View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Rettie V. Grama

Originally Posted by Mattee
I'm just curious not just about the fabrics people do like, but those they don't. There's tons of things I like. I'm particularly partial to Civil War reproductions and relatively dark or muted fabrics, like Thimbleberries. I might be the only person on the planet, though (please don't yell at me) that doesn't like Batiks. I know it's uncommon, but I just really don't like them. It's one thing if they're used for a pictoral scene - needing something to look like the sky, for example, but just a traditional quilt using batiks? I'm just not a fan of that fabric. I've never bought any, and doubt I ever will. Am I alone?

No, you are not alone. I don't like Batiks either. I can't tell which way the pattern is supposed to go. The only other thing I really don't like is Gingham. It is too sheer for the work that I do. I prefer to go to plain old cotton with the checked patterns. Works just as well, actually better for me and has the body I need. Thanks for asking. Thought I was the only one that didn't like Batiks.

What about everyone else? Anything you don't like? Batiks? Civil War repro? 30's? solids? Do you like everything, especially if it's on sale?