Old 08-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Rettie V. Grama

Originally Posted by Mattee
Stick to it? There are people who stick to a plan? I'm confused by your question. Do you mean that you only work on one thing at a time? Is that possible?

But seriously, to answer your question, I probably have 20 quilts in various states of completion at the moment, from waiting to be quilted, to needing basting, to partially pieced or waiting to be pieced tops. I do whatever catches my eye or interest at any given moment. When I start to feel like there's too much going on, I take those projects that are closest to completion and do those first, to knock things off my list. I make a lot of gifts, but avoid taking commissions or committing myself to gifts for particular holidays. That way, even though I'm making a birthday present, I'm not committed to which birthday a person gets the gift.
Mattee, sounds like you live in my house. I have several things on hold. A very large tote bucket full + but right now I'm making Table runners for a craft show. Have 18 or 20 designed, pinned, ready to bat, quilt, and bind. My method is like working in a factory--remember Lucy & Ethel in the chocalate factory?