View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Ps 150

We had a local co-op but the founders disbanded it when their own gradutated. :-( But, our neighbors have and still are homeschooling 10 of their 11 kids! They've been an inspiration and a shoulder to cry on many times. Some of their kids are cyber schooled, some not. And their youngest has Downs Syndrome so she goes to a program at the public school that helps her with her speech. All three schooling mediums work for them and it's great. We still do the field trips and have lots of fun.

The only "church" based extra curricular activity we have is the baseball league. With the other activities, our girls interract with kids from all walks of life, this side of the tracks and the other. It's heartbreaking sometimes, to see the abused or neglected come in, but I don't want my kids to be blind to what really goes on in this world. Seeing these scenes, they really step up to the plate and learn to reach out to these kids while still treating them like they would anyone else. My heart bursts with pride everytime my daughter's share their snack with a little boy who's parents never make one for him or even come to the classes.