Old 06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
mpeters1200

While I do not have gainful employment, I am in a similar bind. I have 3 small kids at home. I volunteer to be their mom at hand. Not stay at home as we often aren't home. I also say volunteer, because while it's a heck of a job, I don't get paid in money..butterfly kisses, occasional hugs and smiles, and hissing, fighting and other such negativity that I often have to intervene.

My children are young enough that I cannot have an iron down from it's safe position while they are awake. I have similar issues with the mat and cutter, and of course the machine. But I do try occasionally if I can keep them preoccuied.

I have calculated exactly how long it is before the youngest starts school (13 months and 2 weeks) and how long it is until college for said child starts (14 years give or take a month or two)...but I can't dwell on it. I know too well that soon they will be more embarrassed of me than I am of them at the moment. Soon, story time and tuck in time will be replaced with curfews and car keys. I just hope my sanity stays in at least minimum tact until I have the opportunity to quilt my days and nights away.

I do however, have a 6 year old with an incredible sense of color...I bet I can use this to my advantage (note evil grin)