Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 PM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by ckcowl
so i guess it really comes down to knowing your regular customers...especially about designer fab's like the patrick lose, those fabrics have very identifiable characteristics (like Kaffe Fasset fabrics) some like them and some do not. those who love them will buy them, those who don't find them to be (all-that) will not. so knowing your customer base is important. do your regular return customers like the types of subject matter/ fabrics lines from patrick lose? if they do, they will pay the increase. if they are more into traditional over novelty they probably will not. it is all relative/ and very regional. some designers do very well in some areas and do not do well in others. some areas can handle increases, some can not. personally...i buy what i need/sparks me...i do look at the price; if i think it is too high or i think i can find it else where for less and i do not need it right away i wait and look else where but if i need it today, i buy it, and if it is unique, haven't seen it elsewhere i buy it. price matters but everything goes up, nothing we can do about it. i used to complain about having to pay a whole dollar for fabric, when i was in 4-H a hundred years ago...now i pay $10 for the same fabrics...
I remember borrowing 75cents from my dad to get a dress pattern and he said "75 cents for a pattern? You have to be kidding!" Haha! Now we're paying $7.50 for a pattern at 1/2 off!! Everything inches up - and we can pay it or not, but we can't keep it from happening!