View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 PM
candlequilter
Banned

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Welcome from Washington state. I love the Blue Ridge Mtns and go up on the Parkway everytime I am back there which is about every 2 years. Are you anywhere near Mabry Mill or Lovers Leap? Before my dad past away he challenged me to do a pictorial quilt of Lovers leap there in the Blue Ridge Mts. and I haven't done it yet but need to.
Please, next time you are here, touch base so we can meet! I live in Bedford (between Lynchburg and Roanoke) and often spend time at Peaks of Otter, the Parkway, or other venues on a weekend. There are some great quilt shops along Rt. 11 or I-81 area.
Jan in VA
I love Peaks of Otter - it is so pretty there. I was born in Martinsville and my family is still there and Fieldale so I fly in to either Roanoke or Greensboro. My dad had worked for Bassett Furniture for many years before moving here. My son and daughter in law graduated from George Washington University there in DC. Probably won't make it to Virginia this year because I am going to Maui next month and then Disney World in November. But one of my relatives are graduating in June there so I will probably make it then. Will definitely have to keep in touch.
Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter