View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 PM
lazyquilter

I purchased a fantastic mat 30 x 36 about 15 years ago. And I'm still using it. And evry now then I use light scrubber thing and gently soften the worn spots. And then, two days ago, must be my new meds... the light bulb, which is normally rather dim in my head.. went on. And it dawned on me that if I would turned it around once in a while it wouldn't have one woon area on it. Fortunately even all of the use this mat has gotten, I had been getting it fairly clear of repeated rotary cuts over the years so while the lines were getting a little it just dawned on me to turn it around so that the right hand portion of the mat was now on the far left and the new near right side was in perfect condition. And to think, I was allowed two reproductions. A girl and then a boy. Fortunately they both turned out wondefully, but I never had the oppertunity to test my theory because another child was just not what could afforded at that time. Yep! We all have our on wall of making changes for the better by something so mundane as to changin your mao around. I had been told at the time to get the most you could posibly spend and since I was an engineer prior to my illness it was a really dumb things to have to do to get a new clear surface for my quilting, Now I have to find my common sense as I dropped that in the scrap basket.