View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 PM
SharonD

I have been registered on this brilliant forum for a few weeks now, and I love to see the pictures of the quilts that everyone so enjoys creating. I am relatively new to patchwork and quilting (1 1/2 years now), and I love it. Totally addicted. I have done crafts since I was 5 years old, starting with knitting, then sewing, crochet, cross stitch, and now Quilting. I love the process of choosing a design, then trying to see what fabrics and colour will be suit. I am always drawn to large projects for some reason. My choice of designs seems to be changing ... the more challenging the better.

Below is some pictures of a quilt that I started a year ago, and has recently gone to a new home. Please let me know what you think. It has 56 log cabin blocks, and in each block I hand quilted a butterfly. My friend loves it. Not sure that I love butterflies anymore though:), only joking.

I am currently working on a quilt that I am planning to 'show' in a local quilt show in September, it is a trip around the world design. It has been machined together, but I am hand quilting it. I will show some pictures of that when I have finished it.

It is the weekend here ... so happy weekend quilting to all:) Sorry just noticed that I can't spell Scotland..... no hope for me!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105979.jpe   attachment-106011.jpe   attachment-106012.jpe   attachment-106013.jpe