View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 06:35 AM
bonniebusybee

A year in the making from shopping to binding, (with time out for Christmas, some landscaping, a family reunion at my home, etc.), this has been both a painful and a delightful experience. I bartered with a landscape designer for a plan, which would have cost me about $750, which ultimately I didn't like (and the landscape contractor wanted $65,000 ..... thanks but no thanks.) But by that time I was into locating the fabrics, (which I had to do twice because she delayed after I got the original swatches, and you know how quickly fabrics disappear from the shelves!) and my word is my word.

This is the quilt which taught me not to use Warm 'n' Natural for handquilting. (Thanks for all your tips last month.) The center was fussy-cut to create the spiral design. I'd added the narrow border strips when I realized they would diminish the width of the floral border, which the owner had wanted wider, so I changed it so the points of the star intersected the narrow border strips. That was a harder job than I had expected! But ultimately she got her wide border, and I had the satisfaction of giving her what she wanted (even though she didn't show me the same courtesy!)

The quilt was all hand-quilted except for the floral border, which my niece did on her long-arm. (We were short on the floral border fabric, hence the plain border at the top, but it goes under the pillows and won't show.)

Great experience! I'll deliver it today. Hope she likes it!

quilt.jpg
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106189[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106184.jpe