View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Corry

Here is a link below for the entire information for "printing on fabrics". This lady has several episodes focusing on the different aspects of printing on fabric. I think it is well worth our time to read the information so that we take on this project successfully with a better outcome. I myself don't want to put all the time and money into creating a memory quilt and have the photos wash away or fade out after a few washings. I REALLY appreciate all the advice given in this thread. It has really helped me to understand the aspects of this project. I feel more confident that I will be able to do this and create a nice quilt. Have really been amazed at all the info shared in this topic. What a wealth of information in this group! But I did learn even more from the link below so it is worth checking out. I need to buy a new printer to do this project and needed to learn more about the ink so I buy the right printer. I guess some of the printers have the pigment ink for the black ink and something different for the color...thus causing the colors to fade later on...just want to be sure I am not getting that kind of ink. I did buy the pretreated sheets buy may try the bubblejet next time. Thanks for all the info.....http://www.linda-matthews.com/printing-on-fabric-101/