View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:02 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I was sewing along on my Brother 1500 PS and it froze. Wouldn't do anything. I couldn't turn the wheel at all, it was stuck. I knew from reading other post about this that I could check it out. I took the top off, and couldn't see anything broken or out of whack. I took both sides off and still nothing out of place. I took the bottom off the machine and was surprised at how clean it was under there! Still couldn't see anything that looked broken or stuck. The belts looked fine. I could move the wheel a tiny bit back and forth but that didn't help. Then I saw it! A long tin shinny wire in a odd place. It was a flower head pin lodged in one of the gears keeping it from turning. I got my tweezer and removed the pin. The machine is sewing fine now. :lol: :lol: I did a good cleaning and oiling while everything was open. I saved at least $200 for this repair job. The only way a long big head pin could have gotten in the bottom was through the space underneath the reverse bar. I never would have thought that could happen but it did. :?