Thread: Snap Bag
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
quilterj

Ok the other day I made a bag. I used one piece of tape meas. on each side. Sandwiched fabric and used no lining, so of course the raw edges were showing on the inside. Others and myself thought that it looked good. Until someone meantioned to me about using lining so that you couldn't see the raw edges.
So today instead of making a new one I thought that I would take this one apart and add the lining. Well everything was going ok. Instead of using one piece of tape I used 2 pieces on each side. Until I got to sewing the side closed where you put the tape in because of the thickness. Also I have trimmed my tape down to almost 6" and my bag is about 8". It was about 7" to start with. Should I not use the lining if I am going to sandwich it? I had no problem of the thickness the first time. So I want to show some pictures of what is happening. I need some help please. Is there something that I am doing wrong. The only thing I haven't done yet on this time around is the bottom corners. By the way now that I have lining should I maybe use only one piece of the tape?

First time made without lining
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106423[/ATTACH]

Same picture of inside without lining
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106424[/ATTACH]

Problems here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106425[/ATTACH]

Doen't want to close like its suppose to
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106427[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106418.jpe   attachment-106419.jpe   attachment-106420.jpe   attachment-106422.jpe   attachment-106427.jpe  

attachment-106498.jpe