View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:44 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by jackkip
I bought the HQ Sitdown at the Houston Show almost 2 years ago. It was one of the best buys I have ever made. Yes, I did get a good deal on it. I alsow as able to get some rulers thrown in the deal too.

For me this machine is the best of both worlds. It has the large throat area for large quilts, but it is still the traditional sit down feel. I have tried the LA machines with the huge frames. For me, it was more work to quilt that way than a pleasure. I think the frame quilting set up is great for most, but for me it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Thanks Jackie for the information. I am so excited to go to Des Moines and see this again and hopefully get a much better price than at the local sewing shops. I live in MN and it is 5 hrs to Des Moines and hopefully it will be worth the trip!

The sit down has the ability to turn into a framed machine. You just purchase the frame. The table it comes in is a very nice size. Large enough to work on, but small enough to have a small footprint in your work area. I have mine in the corner of my bedroom.

If I had to do it all over again, I would run to the HQ booth! :-)