View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:03 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by Maribeth
Originally Posted by quiltmaker
We are all greatful for the abundance of pattern designers out there but my very humble opinion is that since the beginning time of quilting... all patterns have been repeated over and over again with various changes to make it different. An example would be the Dear Jane groups...Brenda loved that quilt and honored Jane by recreating her treasure so all would love and enjoy her contribution to the art of quilting. I can imagine Jane up in heaven smiling down and thinking. "WOW, I never imagined people would love my quilt that much and what a thrill it is to know the joy I've brought to others."

It's odd that you would mention the DJ and Brenda's 'honoring' Jane. From what I have read on this QB and the WWW, in general, Brenda has been quite intent on cashing in on the pattern. They even had to change the name of the DJ quilt-along on this QB because of Brenda.

Oops sorry, Maribeth......bought my Dear Jane book when Brenda first published it and at that time there was only the excitement and joy of creating that quilt. I didn't realize she was getting so fussy.