Old 08-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Lady Diana

What is your price range, main use, needed features?
I have a Janome 6600, 4900, 9000 and a 3160-for class. For quilting I use the 6600, built in walking foot and that ever important automatic thread cutter for piecing....that is why I purchased the 3160 for class....extremely light weight and it has the autho thread cutter, becuase, face it, when you are in most quilt classes, you are piecing, not quilting your top. The prices are very reasonable. Try Brubakerssewing.com. I have p-purchased numerous machines from them. They also sell their accessories at 15% discount if you belong to the Janome 6500 yahoo group...I have saved a ton shopping there. In fact, they give me better customer service than my local shop. I had a problem with my 4900..local dealer said I had to spend $125+ to fix it....Brubakers sent me instructions...I fixed it..simple. Enough about them...back to your choice of machine. Try out the Janomes and then try out others....make a list of your needs to take with you. Built in walking foot, thread cutter, start stop button, separate bobbin winding motor-saves on your machine), thread cone holder, knee lift, decorative stitches, stitch memory, etc. ......(6600) Take a small sandwich..not food..although this maybe an all day outing....try your quilt sandwich on the machines.... Happy Hunting.
D in TX