Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 AM
christinetindell

I always thought I had just enough fabric. I rarely bought fabric just because I liked it or without a specific project in mind. Well, then something that didn't fit into my fabric collecion happened to me...in February, I inherited a huge (and I mean HUGE)quilter's stash. She passed away in October and I work with her daughter-in-law. She gave me all of the fabric, the unfinished projects and about 500 books. After I let my friends and my sister pick through the stuff I was ambivalent about, I spent about 6 weeks sorting into bins. Now I have about 25 sweater sized bins sorted by color. I do have a few sorted by type, like Asian, Batiks, Chidren and novelty, Christmas, bling, etc. In addition, I have about 60 bolts that I am slowly rolling onto "The Fabric Organizer" and will further sort those into bins as I can afford the organizers. Don't know if that answers your question, but my husband has firmly told me that I don't need to shop for fabric for a very long time. We will see...sometimes the fabric....it "speaks" to me and calls me...."you must have me", "your life won't be the same unless you buy a yard of me"......