Thread: Baby Quilt
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:22 AM
tarib

Originally Posted by NorseSal
I love the ribbon blankie idea. One of our daughters had a yellow blanket that had satin ribbon blanket binding, all around the edge. It went everywhere with her and looked like a rag. The binding was in shreds and of course she could not go to sleep without rubbing that binding across her face. I decided to replace the tattered binding with new yellow satin blanket binding.....She, of course, would have nothing to do with it and cried for the old one. She was about two, and she looked all over the house for her old "winkie" In desperation, I took the old binding out of the waste basket and attached it to a left over piece of the old blanket and she was happy once more. I think that every time I make a child's quilt, from now on, I will make a small ribbon blankie to go with it. When this daughter, opened her suitcase, on her wedding night, she found that her sister had placed the old "winkie" in with her clothes. There was a note attached that said "just in case you have trouble sleeping."