Thread: Snap Bag
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 AM
quilterj

Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by quilterj
Originally Posted by np3
Is the problem just closing....the "snap" back? If that is the only thing wrong, did you put the tape in the right direction? If you put it in the wrong way, it won't close.
Yes the tape is in there correctly. Its just to thick to sew closed as my machine has a hard time sewing it closed and then when
I did get it sewed closed the tape still didn't close like it was suppose to but now I have 2 pieces of the tape in it.
I know that it doesn't look to nice when you have your edges showing but I may go back to the way I had it without the lining. Oh I don't know what to do.
Here is the link that I got my pattern from:
tatteredgarden.snappybag.com
Hope someone here can help me figure out what I am doing right/wrong. I really would like to make these for gifts this year.
I think you should go back to the way you had it in the first place. If the seams aren't fraying it doesn't make any difference. If it is fraying, then use an overlock stitch of some kind on the edges. I have done the bags and several totes both ways. It isn't going to show when you carry it and only you will see the inside when you open it.
Thank you I like the first one too. I just wanted to put the lining it. I guess if I don't quilt and maybe use something fussible and thin then maybe i would be able to add the lining too.