Old 08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Melinda in Tulsa

My way is simple for me. I have 5 pizza type boxes that I use for WIP's. No more than 5 at any given time. 2 of them are BOM's so not alot of time consuming things. Get the block done, put it in the box and wait til next BOM comes out. I also have a box of squares that I'm making D4 to 9 patch. I work on them randamly as they are destined for small completed projects, table runners, hot pads, etc. I have 4 quilt tops finished just waiting to be quilted but that won't happen til fall when the weather cools down. So I have 2 empty project boxes waiting for something to put in them!

I have several more projects in mind but at the moment they are still in my head, not put on the *to do* list.

I originally swore I would only work on one project start to finish before starting another one, but that went out the window! Yesterday I was babysitting my DGD for about 3 hours and we made her momma a pin cushion. (Well, she sat on my lap while I sewed) but it was from her, she's just 3 1/2 and is too hyper to learn to sew just yet. The night before I experimented with making a pot holder and was really pleased how it turned out, until while putting the binding on, I realized I only put one layer of batting in the middle instead of 2. Oh well, it can be used for a candle mat, or a thingey to put under my warm plate as it sits in my lap. (I ususally eat in front of the TV!) Nobody wants to eat at the table.

Anyway, that is how I'm doing things at the moment. I don't want so many projects going that I won't get anything completed.