View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 AM
majormom

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
That's sad considering many of these have been made for years, the economy's in the tank and only the exclusive believe they have the right to limit other view points and variations, considering some use could be the difference between feeding and cloting your family. Not that others aren't trying to do the same, Micro buisness vs Big buisness, and who profits??
I don't like limiting any one to make a living, at any level, some things are not legally, but morally questionable.
Whew off the box I come.
I just wonder how many of these quilt patterns in the mags are really original from start to finish anyway. Maybe they are copying and using patterns from way back without permission themselves!
Quilting has been going on forever - new patterns cannot be that infinite! What an attitude they have anyway. Why bother to publish the pictures of the quilts with directions on how to make them if they are not to be given or sold? Just how many quilts do we each personally need in our homes, that's what I want to know.
I'm just disgusted that I had already reordered a couple of mags before this issue was brought up a while ago. Will not order again, believe me.