View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 AM
jetnica

I was diagnosed in '96. My big trigger is stress. If I'm not careful and get too wrapped up in work, my body will shut down and I won't be able to move.

For me, there's a series of things I can watch for to know when it's time to walk away for a while. First my headaches are massive - no relief possible. Then my back starts seizing up and shouts at me to stop. If I ignore those two things, my digestive system will start yelling, and it's the last thing to shout before a day (or three) of nothing but rest will fix me.

I don't have a certain food, but cold weather is murderous to me. It's a battle in the winter, my boyfriend likes the apt nice and cool year round - one of the reasons I think I started quilting is so that I could have more blankies to cuddle up with when it's cold.

I've been going to the chiropractor and I am exercising again, I felt the best when I was "in shape" when I was in college. It's tough to exercise on bad days, but usually what happens is a good nap after the gym and I'm good to go. (Come to think of it, that can't be healthy)

I guess the biggest thing with Fibro is to learn to listen to your body first. It will tell you what it needs and when enough is enough. Be careful with the research, especially some of the poo that is on the internet - people will say CRAZY things and have CRAZY fixes for Fibro. The links already listed are good ones.