Thread: WALMART
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 05:05 AM
sallyjo

Both of the Wal-Marts that are closest to were I live upgraded to supercenters 2-3 years ago. They both still have decent fabric departments. I frequent one more than the other because of the SERVICE! I know if I go to the one south of us, my questions will get correctly answered, the associate will gladly walk and talk with me about my sewing issues. They have knowledge. The store north of me, not so. If I go in wanting anything more than just purchasing something off the shelf, forget it.

BACK to my original point. Here in our area of Missouri that 2-3 years ago, older supercenters were being remodeled. Once we got past a certain date, if your Wal-mart was remodeled or new, a fabric department was not included. I even went in to the stores in late June to get embroidery thread for a project and couldn't find a thing. I asked and one fabric dept. worker said they stopped carrying the thread about a year ago. She encouraged me to complain that many folks feel the same way and if enough complain, we may get the item back.