Old 08-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Feathers

Hi Guys: Yes, I will miss the gathering as well as some other things that I had intended to do. My mom died on 8/13, the day the orthopedic surgeon told me I needed emergency HIP replacement surgery for the hip they put in on June 24. It seems the femur was cracked in the first surgery and the radiologist and the doctor missed it on the films so I was doing everything they told me to do including PT. Well, the femur broke in half and the hip they put in the first time had to be removed and a new one put in with a longer shaft and they cabled my femur together. I was in the hospital for a week, just got out on Tuesday and I can't put any weight on my leg at all for 6 to 8 weeks. Right now my whole left leg is swollen the size of my trunk and I have staples from just below my natural waistline to about 4 inches from the knee. It's healing as it's itchy as all get out now!
We postponed my mom's funeral until after the surgery so that will happen on Sept. 11th. It's been a hard, hard few weeks!

God is good and soon I'll be back to normal, I'm sure! Enjoy your gathering, thanks for taking this month for me, Alice. I'll make it up to you sometime. Wish I could walk through your woods then sit on your deck and see what sunset vistas you get from that perch...sunrise certainly is gorgeous.