View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM
angieh1964

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Years ago before I began quilting I made all my nieces raggedy ann dolls and little aprons with pockets filled with dressed clothespin dolls. One sister in law thought I made them from leftover bits, scraps and junk. Had the last laugh a few years ago when her daughter told me my hand made gifts inspried her to enter the field of art and crafting as a career. She doesn't sew but gilds items, creates unigue items, writes How to articles, knits, arranges photo shoots, etc.
May in Jersey
i made christmas gifts for off and on for my inlaws usually something for house for couples and as the neices got older usually a wall hanging or something crafty well we always got the "polite" thanks from the one sis in law so was never really sure if they all liked the gifts or not when my father in law passed and my mil went in the nursing home we kinda lost touch with each other at holidays and when my oldest neice moved back into the state after she lost her husband she came to visit with me we had not seen each other in a few years she told me the thing she always misses most about christmas is aunt angies (moi) homemade gifts apparently she always looked forward to my gifts the most. this made me feel so wonderful and kinda makes up for the unappreciative folks and now this neice has found a nice young man to marry and was so surprised when told her i would help her with her wedding. got 2 years to plan this one unlike the last 3 which i planned in 3 weeks! this should be a breeze!