View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 PM
wvdek

Mine is definitely a keeper.
I showed him a project I pieced today after church. Layed it in front of him at the computer where he was playing a video game and I said, "You're addicted to that game" and not skipping a beat he said, "You're addicted to that quilting". We laughed and then he told me how nice the runner was and wanted to know if we were "keeping this one or sending it off". "Sending it off". "Too bad, it's nice".
He is very supportive, gives me honest opinions not just what I want to hear, stops at LQS if nearby, has begun looking for a FW for me and asks about yard sales and auctions if I want to go and look for machines or fabric. Nowadays I have to remind him we don't have the extra money but thanks just the same for thinking of me. His only hobbies are reading, computer games that really challenge you, being a handy man/fixer upper. He has many tools in the garage all of which he makes good use of. He could build a new home for us if we could afford it.
He loves helping friends and neighbors, is head of the mens group at church, drives the Veterans van for the vets in our area who need a ride to Dr's appts, and goes to college full time. Did I mention he is retired? And yes he can cook, do dishes, wash windows, and he even cleans toilets. We are a pretty good team after 36 1/2 years. Guess he is going to keep me around, too.