Thread: Sewing table
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

I have a Bernina that sits in a Horn cabinet (with a lift built in) but I never use the lift in order to change a bobbin. If you want to use the lift, you have to take out the acrylic surround first, which means removing what you are sewing on. All I do is drop down the little door in the front, take out the bobbin and replace it. (Don't forget to shut the door after, otherwise some of them don't sew so well) My 1260 doesn't mind the door being left open, my 730E objects, and needs its door shutting.

With Horn cabinets, there is about 3in of the front of the cabinet before the cut out where the machine sits. Then you would need a shelf/support for the machine, set below at the right height for the bed of the machine. Also, it's possible to buy an acrylic surround that is precisely the right shape for your machine from Horn to fill in the gap. I have three different ones now. They all fit the gap in my Horn cabinet, but surround different machines. The Sewezi table people also sell acrylic surrounds for about every machine on the market.