View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 AM
watterstide

i started a personal diary here on FMS. i have it,been diag since 1982,when it was called fibrositis. they was only one paragraph on it at the library back then. now there are all sorts of books and info out there.
there is a magazine called FM Aware, out of canada i believe.
there are message boards just for it too. but i got tired of the bit*ch sessions, i am more interested in learning to live with it.
i have given up so much, sold my motorcycle,gave up my womens pool league i had for over 10 years.
the biggest thing is learning to delegate things,letting housework go..the dust won't kill you.
i have a beautiful garden, and i have used big rocks to sort of mark off sections, so i don't weed or putz past that section. if i do, i pay for it,in bed or hurting or end up in a flair.
i have had to learn to relax. i WAS a type A personality. and let me tell you, it will hurt you to no end,if you don't change.
people just don't understand, because you don;t LOOk sick.
google "the spoon theory"..thats it is a nut shell. i may have the link apart of my signature, i can't remember..lol
memory is a big issue. i have learned to write everything down, i rely on my calendar and i have a dry erase board in the kitchen, i use all the time. i set my alarm on my cell phone to help remember things also.
water exercise is the best for FMS, you don't feel like exercising, but it is important to MOVE your body..even when you feel you can't.
i wish you well and Blessings. we are all here,to support you. if there is anyway we can help you..just ask. Kim