Thread: Buying fabrics
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Lockeb

Personally, I am a fabricaolic........
I just love fabric..and really, if I go into a fabric store I'm not coming out without a bag - it's a rule........
Usually, I have a list of things that I am looking for for current projects..so I will shop for those first...and then I look for other interesting things that kind of make me think....
If I see some fun coordinates that I think would be fun for a future project....without having any design in my head..I will pick up anywhere from 1 yard to 2 or 3 or 4 yards of those...(did that on Saturday...in a chocolate brown and pink coloration)......
I always check the sale section to see if there something that I can add to my stash...and if so, I will pick up 1 or 2 yards of the ones that interest me the most..especially of the prices are good.....
I like to have enough in my stash so that on any given day - if I want to start a new project...whether it's because I don't want to go out - or because it's a snowy day, I can just start a new project..because of the choices that I have in my stash.....and like redvette54..if ever I ge to retire from working...or perhaps work less..I will have lots of toys to keep me busy :-)