View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by damaquilts
Kim you have just described my life. I ration my energy. I took yesterday completely off. NO sewing , cleaning, other than dishes. spent most of the day on this board. (evil thing) lol
I also have CFS which makes it worse because while exercise helps fibromyalgia it makes CFS worse.
And I am with you everyone says but you look fine. I just want to answer And you look smart but I never have.
I know when I have pushed myself too far. I lose my voice, my lymph glands in my neck swell and I get a sore throat. Then I know I am out for the count for about a week.
Also the meds they advertise like Lyrica . The side effects were awful. As was the cymbalta.
You need to just learn what your limits are. Don't push yourself past them.
i see a shrink/therapist to deal with the depression also...(because of my lack of being able to do things)
i take cymbalta, no issues
plus a few other meds.

i go for a shot or teradol (spelling?) occasionally, when in a bad flair..it really helps. maybe 2 or 3 times a year. it is an anti-inflamatory. yesterday i did too much..so i was in bed a 7:30. pacing yourself, like you said, is most important!