View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Born2Sew

Originally Posted by damaquilts
I am on citalopram/Celexa it is the only antidepressant I could take without crazy side effects and I take half of what was prescribed. 10mg instead of 20. I am doing ok most times on it sometimes I have to take the 20 but I can only do it one day can't take it 2 days in a row. I am super sensitive to medications. On top of the fibro I have had 2 aortic aneurysm surgeries in the last 10 years. The first is what set it off. I also have fought depression all my life and finally had a doc diagnose me with PTSD I thought he was nuts himself until I started reading up on that and then it made sense. I flip out if there is any stress in my life at all. Need things totally calm. Like that happens right? LOL
Sometimes I'm not sure if my doctor really knows what all I have. She just says Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, but when I look it up it doesn't show what all she says I have. First she said if I had inflammation I didn't have fibro, yet I have so many symptoms of it and almost all of the tender points. However, I do have inflammation. Then about a yr ago she says I do have fibro along with RA. Perhaps I am still evolving...

The issue of stress nails it for me and I can't stand stress anymore. Although my life is still very stressful to a large extent, it isn't as bad as it has been in the past. I really need to research PTSD more. I was counting up all the pills and Rx's I take now and it is 12. I don't know which is worse sometimes the pain or the fatigue or the brain fog, or taking pills. None of it is fun, and how I love "but you look so good". Inside you feel like something the dog drug home and the cat wouldn't have.