View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 AM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by ganny
Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
You probably have up to 20 fabrics. Sew strip 1 to strip 2. Sew strip 3 to strip 4 etc until you have all your strips in pairs.
Then sew 1&2 to 3&4 and 5&6 to 7&8 etc. until you have all your pair in groups of four. Continue until you have the strip sets done. Now you are ready to sub cut into strips of different widths.
I may be dense (obviously!) but what is the difference of just going 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?
I did go 1,2,3,4, making my quilt from the Swish pattern.
It worked out fine for me. To me, the important part was rotating the end I started seaming from.
Let us pretend you have put a sticky note on the top and bottom of each of your strips. The sticky note says 'Top'. The other sticky note says 'bottom'.
Sew strip 1 (top sticky note) to strip 2 (top sticky note).
Flip the quilt top, start seaming strip 3 (bottom sticky note) to strip 2 (bottom sticky note).
Flip the quilt top, start seaming strip 3 (top sticky note) to strip 4 (top sticky note). See where I am going with this?
If you start seaming at the top on each and everyone of your strip seams you will get (waves?) I will look it up and update again. (I can't find what I am looking for.)