Thread: Wool Batting
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:00 AM
kapatt

I'm looking at quilting my daughter's queen size quilt with wool batting. She likes things warm. I noticed that Quilter's Dream Wool Batting is not suppose to shrink but it doesn't say if Hobbs will shrink. I was wondering what the pros and cons would be in using wool batting and which one is the best.

Here is a description of the two different types of batting that I have found so far.

Hobbs Heirloom wool batting-
"Queen 90" x 108" Heirloom Wool is a completely washable 100% wool batting that is resin bonded to resist bearding. It is the finest wool batting on the market today. There is no other wool similar to Heirloom Wool. Created with and endorsed by Harriet Hargrave. Easy to quilt by hand or machine. "

Quilter's Dream --

"QUILTERS DREAM WOOL QUILT BATTING QUEEN 93"X108"

Exceptional insulation qualities. Light as a feather yet 1.5 times warmer than down and 2x warmer than most high loft polyesters. Loft between 1/3 and ½ inch yet very light weight. Volume, definition and warmth without weight. Fibers are Carded, Crosslapped & Thermally Bonded. Hand & Machine Quilting. Can be Tied. Confidently stitch up to 10" apart. No prewashing necessary. 0% shrinkage. Remember, your prewashing and selection of fabrics and thread will also effect shrinkage. "

Thanks for the help.