View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by minnow895
i have just recently been diagnosed with it and am trying to learn about it .
if you have fibromyalgia pleas give me ideas of how to deal with it any suggestions are greatly apreciated

god bless each and everone of you
I was dx'd with Fibromyalgia in 1999. I tried all the meds, depression(5 kinds), pain meds (several), Lyrica, etc., you name it & all they did was give me tons of side effects to deal with & never touched my pain. I get massive triggers/muscle knots in my back & shoulders. I have come to learn to pace myself. Over doing anything causes pain & more fatigue. Exercise, altho it may cause some pain at first, is the number one treatment that has helped me. Other than that I've tossed all the meds & now take 10 vitamins a day. Vit B, C, D, E, CoQ10, Amino Acids, Multi vitamin, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium. I eat healthy & avoid preprocessed foods & artifical sweeteners. I rest/sleep when I'm tired. Cold increases pain ten fold. Massage is a must to not only loosen muscle knots/triggers, but also lowers stress. Long trips in the car cause pain & fatigue, so I usually try to plan a day or so down time after a trip. Any surgery, which I've had seven ina 23 month period, causes a fibro flare. A flare can take a few days to a week or more to shut down. Each person is different, as to how this nasty disease affects us, so you will need to find what works best for you. You may also need to try things more than once to see how they affect you. I've actually gotten better as time has gone on, due to learning how to deal with/treat my fibro symptoms.

Best wishes & gentle hugs :)