Old 08-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by Darcene
I made a trip to Wichita today....and this is what came home with me...in addition to bobbins for every model of machine that I have, some Singer motor lubricant....oh, and did I mention some fabric too?

The OSMG that I bought the bobbins and lubricant from said that all of the Singer model numbers that I gave him were great machines and that I would be very happy with them.....with the exception of the 319....he said that their internal gear belts may break and that they cannot be replaced....I had not seen that information here and I sincerely hope that he is exaggerating the gear issue....does anyone have any input on this? I am already in love with this machine and it really won't change my decision to keep and use this machine but I want to know what to watch out for if this is indeed an issue with this machine.

It came with 20 cams and an accessory set....I will download a manual and after a little cleaning and oiling I am going to give this machine a whirl.....the name Bruce is bouncing around in my head...somehow this machine seems to have a definite masculine feel to it....I just gave the hand wheel several turns and the belt is brittle and trying to come apart....I will start there then with a new belt and then we will see......
Hi, I just got a 319 over the weekend. Mine is black an it's in a cabinet. It was hard for me to find the manual on line but finally did. Then found the orginial manual in the machine. Mine's missing the disk and I called a Singer center here in WV and she is checking to see if she has some. Also told me this machine only takes a 206-13 needle. Checking to see if she has any of those and some bobbins. I only got 1 with mine. About your question on the belt I don't know but when the repair lady calls me back I will ask. So love your machine. Only paid $50.00 for it.

:D :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-107814.jpe   attachment-107815.jpe   attachment-107816.jpe