Old 08-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Crossstitcher

[quote=Darcene]
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by Darcene

Hi, I just got a 319 over the weekend. Mine is black an it's in a cabinet. It was hard for me to find the manual on line but finally did. Then found the orginial manual in the machine. Mine's missing the disk and I called a Singer center here in WV and she is checking to see if she has some. Also told me this machine only takes a 206-13 needle. Checking to see if she has any of those and some bobbins. I only got 1 with mine. About your question on the belt I don't know but when the repair lady calls me back I will ask. So love your machine. Only paid $50.00 for it.

:D :D
OOHHH, I love yours too. Mine is not in a cabinet (as you saw) but cabinets are pretty easy to find around here so once I get the belt I will start looking for a cabinet...maybe one of the 15s can share a space...I totally forgot about the odd needle...I will have to check with Billy and see if this is something he will have or just wait until next time I am in Wichita to buy a couple....where did you find the manual online? I just took a closer look at your cabinet...it the machine mounted off center and on a diagonal? Or is it just my eyes going wonky after a long day?

Well, I just found a manual on the ISMACS site for a 319K-mine is a 319W, but it looks like the only difference between the two is where they were manufactured....When I went to the Singer serial numbers pages it says that the records for the W series was lost so I have no idea of the age of my machine....how about yours?
I couldn't find a date either but on the manual that came with mine it says 1956. Yes the cabinet is off center about 30 degrees. It has a knee bar and foot pedal. They are suppose to have 24 disk plus what you can do just using the little levers. If you find those needles let me know incase I can't get them here. Also if you can get extra bobbins. I really hope I can get the disk because I do all kinds of sewing not just quilts. I hope you have luck in finding a belt in case you need it.