View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 PM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by jljack
I would trace it onto tissue paper, then put the tissue paper right on top of the quilt top, put a few straight pins through it to hold it in place and stitch right through the tissue paper. The paper will tear right off of the quilting. We are talking tissue paper like gift wrapping tissue, so it's very thin. Use the white!! :-)

If you need a lot of copies,
1. Trace the design on regular paper - something that you can see through, so you can trace the design.
2. If you plan to MACHINE QUILT, staple the copy to as many sheets of tissue paper as you'll need for your quilt. You probably only need to staple the corners - and you can just cut the staples off when you finish the next step.
3. Sew on the traced lines with an UNTHREADED needle.
4. Pin the 'sewn' design where you want to quilt, and quilt on the dotted lines.
5. If you plan to HAND QUILT, pin the traced design to freezer paper, sew with the UNTHREADED NEEDLE. Then you can pin the freezer paper to the quilt and POUNCE through the holes with powder. At the moment, I can't remember what the CHEAP alternative to the pouncing powder you can buy on-line is - but someone here on the board is likely to remind us both! LOL I do know that you can put the powder in cheesecloth and pounce on the freezer paper.