View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Damkina

It's just heartbreaking when you think that the quilt you poured money, time and love into could end up in the dog basket or cupboard under the unused stuff. Up to now, every one of my quilts has been used and loved as I'd hoped, although one was in the questionable catagory for a while.

My nephew asked for a quilt with wolves on it. Absolutely delighted, I agreed and searched for months for wolve fabric in the UK. Couldn't find any so ended up spending a fortune because of Customs to send for it from the States.
Because it was for him, I didn't really mind. Well, I gave it to him and he loved it, and I know it was on his bed for months.
Then he had a bedroom redecoration and his quilt vanished. I thought it had been put away, but when I dropped in on them for a suprise visit the morning he went on the school trip to France, it was already on top of his case and he was taking it with him.

I also discovered as we waved my nephew off and the coach, that his friends and familys love his quilt too, as he takes it with him to sleep-overs and on camping trips and holidays.

I didn't realise until that morning, and no one told me, that his quilt, "Call Of The Wild", (although not on his bed at home) has been all over Britian and Europe. And I am very content that his quilt is as loved now as when I gave it to him.