View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:45 AM
Nancy11442

I recently bought a new Janome sewing machine from a local quilt shop. I paid $5,000 for the machine but it was on sale at the time. $5,000 was the sale price. I was told at the time that the shop would "help" me sell the Elna machine I had. This machine was in excellent condition, has an embroidery function and many decorative stitches, etc. It was a high end machine 10 yrs ago. I took my "old" machine into the shop, spoke to the owner and was told that I should ask a certain price for it. I agreed with her on this price. She said she would have to "run" the machine to evaluate it but didn't have time right then. I left the machine with her, along with embroidery cards, attachments, etc. with the understanding that she would get back to me. To date, I have called twice and my husband has called once and all three times we've gotten the same answer. "I haven't gotten to it, hopefully today". It has now been eleven (11) days and still no answer. I am angry at the poor customer service. She got $5,000 out of this along with much fabric business over the years. In my opinion, I don't think she's interested in my business. She will take 10% from the sale of the Elna, which isn't much but the loss of my other business is much more. I would like your opinions on whether I am just being prideful (?) or if this is, in fact, poor customer service.