Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 AM
leaha

Originally Posted by momski
Thanks for the love ladies. I LOVE the pincushion idea and will definatly put that into practice.

The snicker was in response to a statement that I made about the usefulness of a quilt with no batting that was made in NJ. I suggested that it could be for decoration and the lady in question snickered at me and said "they didn't have decoration." I call BS. She should have read the very next plaque, which said that a quilt of this complexity and quality of fabric would be used for display purposes.

I also should have mentioned that I am a historical archaeologist with a special interest in the "womanly arts" of the mid-1800s through westward expansion, so I know what I am talking about. But I just wanted to get away from that woman before I acted as rude as her and let my son throw his toy phone at her.
It is so clear to me that that woman did not know of what she spoke of, she did however show her ignorance of her knowledge about quilts and their history. she just could NOT have been a quilter herself. so just consider the source. so sorry you had part of what should have been a great day spoiled by a know nothing, type of person trying to look like they were not so ignorant!