View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Nancy11442

Originally Posted by texas granny
Originally Posted by mytwopals
Since the shop does not take trade-ins, she has offered to attempt to sell your old machine as a favor to you (Her loyal customer). If you don't feel she is working hard enough on your behalf in selling your old machine, ask for it back and sell it on your own. You should be able to find the prices of recently sold machines like yours on eBay or craigslist. But I see no reason to be upset with her in this matter, as she is only doing it as a favor.
I think you can sell your Elan on you own and not have to give her 10% she just got 5 big ones from you.
Thanks so much for your help. I was REALLY mad when I wrote that post but have cooled down. AND GUESS WHAT?? Hubby called to inquire (sweetly) and the machine was being checked out right at that moment!!?? Hopefully,, resolution is in sight. I really like this shop and chose it specifically bec I like the people there, it is close to home and I like to support local business. I learned a lot and hope I never have to learn any more lessons on buying sewing machines. The comments were interesting and it was interesting to sort thru and see the weighing in on the subject. Hope it helped others too. Thanks again!!