Old 08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Bubblegum0077

For the first time ever since I started quilting, I used an adhesive spray to aid me in the final quilting process. I did my research and it seems 505 is the preferred choice for quilters, but I can't find that spray locally so I decided to buy the Dritz brand and I can say it did not disappoint me at all! Best of all, it's a breeze to clean up if you get it on the floor or table. Just use soap and water and poof, no more sticky.

The quilt size is 70 x 65 and if it weren't for this adhesive I would be sending it off to the long arm quilter. But I also have another aid and that's the accufeed foot on my Janome machine. This quilt is one of the bigger quilts I've done on the Janome, and between the correct adhesive spray and the accufoot, I can't go wrong. I am a happy camper knowing that I can fully quilt this special gift all by myself. I am also saving a boatload of money too! One can sells for $15.99 at JoAnns but I used a coupon for 40% off and saved. I think I will stock up on this stuff.

So, I am on a break cooking dinner before I go back to quilting. For those of you who fear using adhesive spray, want to try an easier method to the final process or simply want a new approach to other methods, please try this spray. The prep time is easier because you're not fighting safety pins or going the hand basting route. Someone suggested using large black binder clips to hold the fabric on the edge of the table and I only had two and it worked fine for me. However, I wasn't quilting a king and that would take more clips.

Does anyone feel the same way?