Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shelia
What a shame. Old crones.

A few years ago I waited in a long line the day after Thanksgiving to buy a video camera for my S and DIL. When it finally came my turn to make a purchase, the clerk asked if I'd like an extra something or another to go with the camera. I thought about it for maybe 5 seconds...an and old hag behind me thumped her big old expensive purse on the counter and said "Don't hurry just because I'm waiting behind you!" The clerk gasped. I sized her up in a quick glance...60something,bossy, spoiled, used to getting her way, way expensive clothes and purse and jewelry for WalMart on Black Friday...I smiled sweetly and said "Oh, I never get in a hurry...it just makes you old and ugly." I looked at the clerk and said, "I've decided to pay for this with a check instead of my debit card and I'll need to call my husband since he has the checkbook. He's in the store somewhere."
Old hag looked offended and MAD but what could she do? The clerk looked pleased. Even the couple of customers behind me looked pleased and didn't mind one bit that they had to wait about a minute for my husband to get there.
MOUSIE:
A few years back, my hubby used to act like I was holding up the line etc. by writing a check, or by standing there after being handed my receipt and change, putting it away so I wouldn't lose it or put something in the wrong place.
Then not too long ago, while trying to find a parking spot, I was waiting patiently for a lady to finish putting her groceries in her car, and had my DD with me...there were some cars behind me.
DD began to tell me that I was making the lady loading groceries nervous and making ppl behind me wait, and that I should move on!
I said, "You sound like your daddy. What ever happened to, IT'S MY TURN and when I am behind someone else, IT'S THEIR TURN, and I wait patiently on them without a word, a look or a sigh, bc that is just rude.
When it is my turn, I expect the same consideration. I am not in the way, and I am not giving up this spot bc others turned down this lane."
Some things are just random. You get what you get, and you need to practice the golden rule.
However, in your case, being confronted by a rude old biddy, your reaction makes me laugh! Not enough of us really take up for ourselves like that! Good for you, sister quilter! right on! :thumbup: