View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Nancy11442
Originally Posted by JoanneS
The reason I compared the owner's response to how she might handle service on a machine is that I think they actually related. She expects to be paid for BOTH, so she should have been businesslike toward you from the beginning and treated the valuing of your used machine the SAME as she would the servicing of another machine.
Thanks Ladies...your replies were very helpful and appreciated. Hubby did make a call again today and she finally called back and left a message. She is now saying that she overestimated the asking price bec she found the machine to be a lesser valued machine than she originally thought....this, even tho I have the original receipt for the machine, the instruction book with the serial number, etc. and that she would only ask $300-$400 for the machine and she would have to have her service person look at the machine and charge me $65 for that plus any repairs needed. So, after all was said and done...her service persons fee, her 10%...I just told her I would come pick up the machine tomorrow and I will have my new machine and my less new machine!! I think I can sell the Elna on my own, not for the $799 she originally quoted me but for a reasonable price, to someone who wants an embroidery functioning machine and a good machine to quilt and sew. All in all, a very disappointing experience for me, especially since I chose this shop to make my purchase bec I have done business there for seven years, it is local and I wanted the convenience of location for the lessons I am expecting to get. Someone said earlier, not a perfect world...oh!! so true and I guess I'm finding that out up close and personal. Too bad and very disappointing to see the tarnish left from such fall out. Thanks again, Ladies. I'm smarter than I was. A little late, but.....
I am glad the issue is resolved. At least you can get your asking price and not shell out her commission.