Old 08-31-2010, 03:04 PM
twistedsheets

Called me here a couple hours ago, and informed me the co. was looking for a truck that had been missing and not made delivery in Fla. on sat. He was heading to fla. and the co. stopped him around the Houston area to search for this truck. Of course my luck he found it and the driver. He now has the truck boxed in so the driver can not get away without causing alot of damage to all vehicles and the mia driver has hookers in and out of the truck on his quest for more drugs. Apparently the guy seems high on crack and because the vehicle is on truckstop property it is considered private properly and the cops won't get involved until the driver leaves that property. We did this for another co. when we were a driving team and swore never again, drug addicts are too unpredectable. Now here he is , alone , faced to hold this truck alone until the co. gets other drivers and a tow truck there to get total possession of this truck, and the wayward driver and his possessions out of it. The laws need to change over this garbage, so innocent drivers and employees of these comps. are not placed in danger. $15 hr. big deal, life is worth more than that but this is what the company will reward him for this while they sit safely in the office and command this from there phones. In the mean time he looses sleep he needs to get his load ON TIME to the receiver, and I sit her still still sick from a recent illness, now adding stress that if this guy goes off the deep-end my partner of 16 years could be a victim of the aftermath. Apparently this driver is in his 30's mine is 60. I can see this young man has ruined his life I can only sit and pray he doesn't destroy ours now by doing something really stupid between now and the final outcome. The only bright spot is an owner op acroos the street has invited him to sit in his truck across the street wheree they can keep an eye on the vehicles without him having to sit in his own and become a sitting target!