View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 PM
brendaj8689

Do you mean that the store owner didn't have time during the sale to explain the 'time' factor involved in selling your used machine?? Then she didn't have time when you brought the used machine in to explain this to you????? I am sure when a non-business quilter on this forum knows about the turn around time,( I am aware of it) that the owner must be aware of it!!!!
After 3 phone calls, she STILL hasn't found the time to explain the 'time factor' involved.
Sorry, but if this store owner is that busy, I would shop elsewhere, she will probably be too busy when you need her for Free lessons and service of your $5000.00 machine. Sounds like the same old tune to be.. buy buy buy, but I'm not responsible for anything. I would call and ask for an appointment when she can sit down and answer some questions. I would let her know that one question might be how to return your machine. (good luck on that one, sewing machines dealers seem to be immune to common business courtesy)
I read many forums and doubt a day goes by that someone doesn't bring up a problem dealer. I really believe that until we the consumers start demanding better business practices from the sewing machine industry, things will just continue to go downhill.
There is a thread on Patternreview.com about Bernina. Bernina Corp is quoted telling a customer that they have no say over their independent dealers business practices. Leaves the customer out to dry, doesn't it?
Just my little opinion.
brenda in MI
I am still waiting after almost 3 years for my FREE lessons. When I went to have them, the instructor was late, then she didn't know the machine or the software. She was going the NEXT week for training and calling me right away to reschedule. I've been back to the store several times, but still no lesson. This was after I had to go to Janome headquarters for a new machine. The Brand new one they sold me had already been threaded and had red stains on the throat. First, they had tested it, Then they had used it as a demo. The final story was someone bought it, but changed their mind for the TOL and it really was still, brand new. It had a brand new price!