Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Derla

Originally Posted by moonwolf23
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Know what I think is really pathetic?

That we get so upset about something like this! Was there any bodily harm done to anyone? Did anyone suffer any property damage?

Are we always considerate as customers? Have we never, ever made an impatient comment about someone else in a public place?

Read about what happened to trupeach's daughter (think it was her - rock dropped/thrown through a windshield)Where does it say that the tongue is sharper than a 2 edged sword??

My nephew was just about killed when a bunch of thugs ganged up on him and kicked him in the head until he was unconscious. Reason? He got out of his pickup and threw it back at them after they threw something at his pickup! (this was at a gas station at 1:15 am)
I am so sorry for your nephew and trupeach's daughter. However, that saying about sticks and stones and words can never hurt you is total BS! Look at all those kids lately that have committed suicide because of all the harsh words thrown their way. I know all about that personally! I was picked on, teased, and beat up constantly as a kid. Fortunately I never committed suicide, not that I didn't think about it, but I just never followed thru with it. The thing is, it's stuck with me all these years and sometimes still bothers me. Words can be like a double edged sword, very hurtful. I think they scar worse than physical wounds. Physical wounds you can see the scars from, mental, psychological and emotional scars can't be seen by the naked eye. But they are, nevertheless, there and just as bad, if not worse.!
No, the sticks and stones thing is true. The thing is, the words can only have power over you if you let them. The only one in charge of whether your feelings are hurt is you.

I think that is something we as a society have gotten away from. Teaching our kids how to deal with people who can hurt us, responsibly or even in a strong manner.